Health Program Specialist Ii
Under general direction, is responsible for performing complex public health work in one of several public health programs. Work involves overseeing, planning, and evaluating public health education program activities and providing consultative services and technical assistance
to program staff, governmental agencies, and community organizations. The work is generally investigative, regulatory, educational, and consultative in nature. May exercise functional supervision over assigned staff.
Essential Job Functions
- Implement evidence-based prevention initiatives to help the community improve and maintain their health.
- Develops, coordinates, and presents public health education activities and outreach for organizations and groups in the local community, to include the provision of educational materials and teaching aids.
- Conducts outreach and maintains relationships with community and partner organizations regarding health initiatives. Coordinates, plans, and monitors public health education activities; and develops goals and objectives for public health education programs
- Collects organize, analyzes, and prepares materials in response to public health information and report requests.
- Interviews persons in order to determine demographic, medically relevant information, and risk factor data.
- Counsel patients concerning risk reduction and behavior modification.
- Assists in collecting, organizing, analyzing, and preparing materials in response to public health information and report requests.
- Assists with data handling, database maintenance, and reports for research studies, surveys, and audits.
- Assists with developing and conducting quality assurance reviews for the program.
- Provides technical assistance to healthcare providers on public health issues
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with preferable coursework in a related health field.
- Two (2) years of experience as a Health Program Specialist I or other relevant public health experience.
- Valid Class 'C' Texas Driver's License.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of current public health programs, practices, and procedures.
- Knowledge of public health laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of counseling and interviewing techniques.
- Skill in utilizing a personal computer and associated software.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to interpret public health laws and regulations.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, and implement recommendations in support of goals.
- Ability to document clearly and concisely pertinent information.
- Ability to work with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to deliver formal presentations to small and large groups.
- Ability to train and/or supervise personnel.
- Job Type: Temp
- Skills: Bilingual, Business Management, Communication
- Industry: Executive Assistants
- Career Level: Experienced
- Education Level: Bachelor Degree