It Support Specialist
Provides tier 1 (intermediate level) maintenance and support desktop computers and laptop computers. Level of support includes but may not be limited to identifying and initiating resolution to customer problems, software and hardware installation and configuration.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Unpacking and configuring new hardware
- Provide end user training on basic use and functionality of supported devices and software.
- Documentation and training of troubleshooting guides and installation procedures.
- Provide equipment relocations for desktop computers, laptop computers and computer peripherals
- Research, identify and develop alternative solutions when new problems are encountered.
- Fully document all interactions in the ticketing system.
- Maintain technical skills through independent research.
- Associate Degree in Computer Maintenance Technology, Computer Help Desk Specialist, Computer Network Administration or related field from an accredited university OR Relevant work experience in an IT Technical environment.
- Experience with installation, configuration, support, trouble-shooting and maintenance of personal computers and hardware.
- Basic knowledge of PC networking concepts and terminology, with familiarity of Windows Active Directory.
- Familiar with LCD projectors and TV/Monitor.
- Basic knowledge of setup, support, and maintenance of printers, and plotters.
- Experience with installation, configuration, support, trouble-shooting and maintenance of Microsoft Office products, like Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, and Project.
- Ability to develop and maintain working relationships with customers and support teams.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills for interaction with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to meet goals and objectives.
- Effective interpersonal and customer service skillsŸ Ability to make recommendations and independent decisions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Package, including word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation software, electronic mail and scheduling.
- Comfortable with change and ability to adapt to the changing needs, changes in standard technologies, or changes in business processes or procedures to support corporate goals or initiatives.
- Ability to work rotating work schedules to ensure adequate support is provided for customer requests.
- Ability to distinguish colors to identify electronics components and wiring.
- Relative Certifications.
- Relative experience in supporting utility construction & maintenance.
- Demonstrating Initiative Working with Ambiguity Driving for Results
- Evaluating and Implementing Ideas Driving Continuous Improvement Communicating Effectively
Combination of general office and field work require travel to any location as well alternate locations where events may be held or staff are located. Ability to travel to and from client meetings, training sessions and other business related events, with familiarity of all sites and security access protocols for sensitive or secure locations. Use of personal computing equipment, telephone, multi-functioning printer and audio/visual equipment. After hours and weekend work required. Overnight travel may be required.
Requires manual dexterity, sitting, standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling. Must be able to exert or lift up to 60 pounds.
- Job Type: Temp To Hire
- Skills: Customer Service
- Industry: It
- Career Level: Experienced
- Education Level: Associate Degree