Civil Engineer Intern's
We are a local staffing agency in search for Civil Engineer Interns for one if our clients, you will find a brief description of the position below.
Under general supervision, is responsible for performing journey level technical engineering work securing technical data necessary in initiating engineering related projects
- $15.00 hourly
Essential Job Functions:
- Conduct Field surveys to locate distresses on existing sidewalks. Preparing field notes using IPAD.
- Take an inventory of existing infrastructure along street construction projects. Directs and advises survey field crews and draftsmen.
- Assists in GIS, maps, and specifications for municipal public works projects. Prepares, updates, and reviews cost estimates for projects.
- Investigates project site prior, during, and after construction. Researches existing technical data which may affect a project.
- Acts as point of contact for citizens, consultants, and/or contractors and assists in resolving complaints. Inputs and analyzes data from a GIS database.
- Maintains records and maps on projects assigned.
- Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.
- Specific Tasks
- Calculate dimensions, square footage, profile and component specifications, and material quantities using calculator or computer.
- Read and review project blueprints and structural specifications to determine dimensions of structure or system and material requirements.
- Draft detailed dimensional drawings and design layouts for projects and to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Confer with supervisor to determine project details such as plan preparation, acceptance testing, and evaluation of field conditions.
- Analyze proposed site factors and design maps, graphs, tracings, and diagrams to illustrate findings.
- Job Type: Internship
- Skills: Organized
- Industry: Work Experience
- Career Level: Entry Level
- Education Level: Student