Labor On Demand is currently experienced QA Tech. Please upload your resume for consideration and we will call you to schedule your interview.
Report directly to the Food Safety and Quality Manager. The Quality Control Technician is responsible for the quality, food safety and aesthetics of the product. The QC technicians follow through on set processes and ensure adherence to good manufacturing practices (GMP), food safety, Safe Quality Food (SQF) standards and product quality standards.
Compenstion - $11.00 to $12.00
Full Time - Temp to Hire
Responsibilities & Duties:
The QA Technicians’ primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for monitoring, and programming critical control points (CCP).
- Responsible for monitoring and product food safety and quality throughout the manufacturing process.
- Responsible for performing sanitation verification and allergen testing on equipment and other areas required.
- Responsible for the correct recording and filing of all relevant record logs and Documentation.
- Ensures the correct recipe guidelines for products are met during processing.
- Ensures employees are following all Food Safety and worker safety practices.
- Ensures and educates employees on food safety and SQF standards.
- Collect product samples for Product Development, lab retains and the laboratory when directed.
- Perform inspections on Products, Equipment and Machinery.
- Self-motivated with proven leadership skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Prior experience in food environment a plus.
- Bilingual - English/Spanish beneficial.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, effectively under pressure, and deadline-oriented environment.
- Flexible availability; we work night and weekend shifts.
- High School or GED
- 2 to 4 year’s prior experience in quality assurance
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel;
- Clean Driving Record
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Need a 7 day availability as the days off rotate.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Skills: Flexibility
- Industry: Work Experience
- Career Level: Others
- Education Level: High School Diploma Or Equivalent