Client Service Specialist
We are a local staffing agency in search for hard working Client Service Specialist for one if our clients, you will find a brief description of the position below.
Performs clerical work of routine difficulty involving the taking of initial applications for housing, rent collection and continued occupancy for public housing developments, and re-certification of other assisted housing tenants.
- Monday - Friday (some weekends)
- 8 AM - 6 PM
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The position duties and responsibilities listed below describe the general nature and scope of work. Other responsibilities, duties, and skills may be required and assigned, as needed. These essential functions require presence in the workplace on a regular basis and regular attendance must be maintained.
- Conduct screening, intake and move in of applicants as per the Admissions and Continued Occupancy Policy.
- Collect and deposit monies due to the assigned property/properties. Ensure rent payments and other charges are inputted into the computer in a timely manner, maintain records of collections, prepare reports. Maintain and Monitor delinquent rent roll.
- Completes and tracks annual re-certifications on residents at the assigned developments as directed by Property Manager. To include entering accurate data into MLS software and generate reports both statistical and narrative to assigned property manager or other management.
- Completes interviewing and change of income for residents at the assigned developments as directed by Community Manager.
- Issues lease violations and monitors curb appeal for residents at the assigned developments as directed by the Property Manager.
- Prepare and Process recommendation for lease terminations.
- Conduct move-in, move-out and housekeeping inspections of units as assigned by Property Manager.
- Complete move out of residents as per the Admissions and Continued Occupancy Policy, to include settling of accounts and bad debt collections.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Housing Authority policy and procedures to assure residents have a clear understanding of changes that may affect their residency.
- Other duties assigned
This position requires the incumbent to exhibit the following behavioral skills:
Commitment: Sets high standards of performance; pursues aggressive goals and works hard/smart to achieve them; strives for results and success; conveys a sense of urgency and brings issues to closure; and persists despite obstacles and opposition.
Customer Service: Meets/exceeds the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; identifies, understands monitors and measures the needs of both internal and external customers; talks and acts with customers in mind; and recognizes working colleagues as customers.
Effective Communication: Ensures important information is passed to those who need to know; conveys necessary information clearly and effectively orally or in writing; demonstrates attention to, and conveys understanding of, the comments and questions of others; and listens effectively. Demonstrates the ability to develop audiovisual presentations to both internal and external audiences.
Responsiveness and Accountability: Demonstrates a high level of conscientiousness; holds oneself personally responsible for one's own work; and does fair share of work.
Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; supports everyone's efforts to succeed; attends, supports, and participates in all team building exercises and events.
Continuous Improvement and Innovation: Seeks the continuous improvement of technological business processes and services; explores out-of-the-box methods and is open to experimenting with new ideas; uses data, knowledge, and strategic decision-making to generate new and innovative solutions.
Education and Experience:
- High School GED required.
- One (1) year experience in apartment leasing or case management.
- Successful completion of a criminal history background check, education, and work history verification, and drug screening test.
- Associate's Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school preferred.
License and Certifications:
- Must have the ability to earn certifications as required by assigned tasks.
- Texas Class “C” driver’s license at the time of placement and be insurable by the Housing Authority’s liability and fleet insurance carrier.
- Public Housing Specialist certification must be completed within 1 year of date of hire.
To perform this job successfully, the employee should have:
- HUD rules and regulations, and policies and procedures of low-income housing programs.
- Interviewing skills and techniques.
- Customer service principles and practices.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, diplomacy, patience, and courtesy in person, and by telephone.
- Leadership skills, problem solving and decision making.
- Conflict management.
- PC skills using MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and MLS software.
- Statistical report writing techniques.
- Safety and health practices.
- Audit principles and practices.
- Accounting principles.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to use tact, diplomacy, and restraint when difficult issues/situations arise.
- Work with a diverse population.
- Plan and organize work. Meet schedules and time lines.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Operate a computer, and other office equipment as assigned.
- Perform data entry with efficiency and accuracy.
- Prepare letters, memos, reports and statistical narratives using correct English, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Plan, schedule and perform a variety of responsible and administrative duties in assigned function.
- Perform mathematical calculations.
- Read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Work respectfully and courteously with staff, residents and the general public.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position. Daily movements include sitting; standing; operating computers and other office equipment; moving about the office; and attending onsite and offsite meetings. The employee must be able to communicate via email and verbally via telephone. The employee must occasionally transport up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office environment.
- Driving a vehicle to conduct work.
- Community and housing sites.
- Seeing to read a variety of materials.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- Occasionally lift, carry and transport material up to 10 pounds.
- Sitting 50%; standing and walking 50%.
- Office environment The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- High level of interaction with external/internal clients
- May be required to work at different properties or sites for interim periods to support business needs
- Outside environment Subject to environmental elements when conducting visits to various sites or participating in outside events.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Skills: Customer Service
- Industry: Work Experience
- Career Level: Others
- Education Level: High School Diploma Or Equivalent