Under general supervision, is responsible for supporting the user community in the collection and maintenance of GIS data, and in the use of GIS Data Analysis tools and support systems. Implements information support processes. Working conditions are primarily inside an office environment. Exercises no supervision.
- Monday - Friday 8 AM to 5 PM
- $18.00 to $20.00
Preferred Knowledge of:
- Python Programming
- Model Building for GIS (Mid-Level Experience)
Essential Job Functions
GIS Solution Development and Testing:
- Develops GIS applications to access and analyze city databases
- Develops and analyzes various models produced from relational databases
- Formats and generates various cartographic products for planning or research projects.
Data Design and Extraction:
- Participates in the collection and evaluation of data
- Reformats digital data; Identifies, structures, and processes digital and hard copy data for inclusion in the GIS
- Inputs both graphic and textural data for the preparation of a variety of maps;
- Performs data input using coordinate geometry, digitizing, file translation, and importation; Organizes, maintains, and archives computer files, drawings, maps, and files.
GIS Solution Deployment:
- Utilizes GIS and associated tools to support departmental business functions through the development of maps, reports and GIS data analysis.
- Contributes to required revisions and
- modifications set by the Department for GIS use as needed
- Plots and prepares legal descriptions.
Troubleshooting/ Problem Resolution:
- Contributes to required revisions and modifications to the maps, as needed.
Data Quality Assurance:
- Performs quality control of spatial and associated attribute data.
Responds to requests for GIS information retrieval from the public, Council members, and other Departments and Divisions, as directed
- Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.
Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Five (5) years of professional GIS experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of GIS standards, practices, and procedures.
- Knowledge of GIS systems in a multi-user environment.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis and data management.
- Skill in the use of desktop GIS software.
- Skill in preparation of data for presentation maps or web presentations.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard and other basic office
- Ability to learn and adapt to the ongoing changes of the culture.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to present statistics and data analyses in an effective manner.
- Ability to develop complex and detailed plans and procedures.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and the general public.
Work Complexity and Examples
- Provides support for user community. Works on multiple function tasks that tend to be of low technological complexity. Works on one or more projects as a project team member.
- Provide GIS support to departmental and external clients.
- Update GIS layers according to established work procedures and timelines.
- Adhere to policies and both Enterprise GIS and departmental standards.
- Understand core departmental businesses and processes.
- Learn organization and monitor staffing changes as they relate to the support of department applications.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Skills: Communication
- Industry: Work Experience
- Career Level: Others
- Education Level: Bachelor Degree