We are a local staffing agency in search for an exemplary Admin Associate for one if our clients, you will find a brief description of the position below.
Administrative Associate duties and responsibilities include providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office. Supports managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material. Ability to effectively communicate via phone and email ensuring that all duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner.
- Monday - Friday - 8 AM to 5 PM
- $13.00 hourly
Essential Job Functions
- Performs a variety of clerical duties in assigned department including maintaining personnel records and payroll, data entry, filing, distributing mail, answering telephones, and taking messages.
- Types and proofreads reports, letters, memos, flyers, and statistical charts.
- Responds to inquiries about department services and activities; assists visitors as necessary.
- May prepare payroll and associated transactions; assists in compiling and maintaining personnel records; (e.g., weekly earnings, absences, supervisory reports, change of status, terminations, and personnel requisitions).
- Verifies and reviews correspondence for conformance with established
- policies and procedures.
- Orders and maintains inventory of office supplies.
- Coordinates, organizes, and maintains general office records.
- Prepares routine reports and correspondence.
- May research and compile data for special projects and reports.
- Orders supplies and equipment; maintains petty cash fund.
- Issues permits and collects associated fees.
- Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent (recognized by the Texas Education Agency or a regional accrediting agency).
- One (1) year experience in general clerical work.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of modern office procedures, business letter writing, report preparation, and proper telephone etiquette.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical principles and methods.
- Knowledge of principles and procedures of record keeping and filing.
- Skill in utilizing a personal computer and associated software programs.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effective, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to perform routine clerical work.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public and staff.
- Ability to interpret and apply city and assigned department policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Ability to compile, organize, maintain accurate and complete records, and files.
- Ability to learn data retrieval and input methods.
Physical requirements include occasional lifting/carrying of 5 pounds;
visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand and eye coordination and manual
dexterity necessary to operate a computer keyboard and basic office
equipment. Subject to sitting, standing, reaching, walking, twisting
and kneeling to perform the essential functions. Working conditions are
primarily inside an office environment.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Skills: Communication
- Industry: Administrative Assistants
- Career Level: Others
- Education Level: High School Diploma Or Equivalent