We are a local staffing agency searching for Equipment Operators for one of our clients.
Under immediate supervision, is responsible for performing skilled work operating light to heavy equipment used to excavate, load, transfer, or move dirt, gravel, or other material in the maintenance or construction of parks, streets, and other public properties.
Pay: $17 Hourly
Schedule: Monday - Friday M/T/W/R from 7:15 AM – 6:00 PM
Essential Job Functions:
- Operates a 10 cy or less dump trucks to and from work locations, construction sites, etc.
- Performs minor maintenance and service checks on equipment.
- Performs unskilled and semi-skilled labor work related to various maintenance and construction activities.
- May prepare a daily log of activities.
- Cleans and removes debris from streets, parks, drainage, ditches, City parks, and other areas.
- Removes brush and trash from drainage inlets.
- Transports tools and equipment to and from work sites.
- May assist in the placement of barricades, signs, flashers, and safety cones.
- Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.
- Formal or informal education or training which ensures the ability to read and write at a level necessary for successful job performance: One (1) year of experience operating light, medium, or heavy equipment.
- Must obtain a Valid Texas Commercial Class "B" Driver's License plus all required endorsements within six (6) months of employment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of operating characteristics and limitations of the equipment being operated.
- Knowledge of basic construction methods and practices.
- Knowledge of safety procedures related to the equipment being operated.
- Knowledge of preventive maintenance procedures and practices.
- Ability to learn proper equipment operating procedures, methods, and practices.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and the general public.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to perform all the physical requirements of the position.
- Physical requirements include frequently lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds; visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to operate equipment. Subject to walking, standing, sitting, reaching, and crouching to perform essential functions. Working conditions are primarily outside in a construction site environment with frequent exposure to temperature extremes, traffic construction dust, damp/wet surfaces, overhead power lines, high noise, oily surfaces, liquid asphalt, and lime.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Serious Candidates please send in resume and come into the office to apply with valid Identification.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Skills: Construction
- Industry: Construction
- Career Level: Others
- Education Level: High School Diploma Or Equivalent