Under general supervision, is responsible for performing skilled work in carpentry and maintenance of City streets and buildings. May exercise functional supervision over assigned staff.
Essential Job Functions
- Form setting for concrete flat work such as sidewalks, driveways, foundations, curbs, retaining walls, and wheelchair ramps.
- Performs light concrete finishing.
- Excavates and preps for concrete forms.
- Tie various type of steel for concrete structures.
- Operate small machinery such as skid loaders and backhoes.
- Able to work with hand tools such as handsaws, sledgehammers, hammer drills, and general construction tools.
- Repairs wooden and chain link fences.
- Works from blueprints, drawings, or oral instructions.
- May supervise semi-skilled employees in carpentry and maintenance of City-owned buildings (depending on area of assignment).
- Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Three (3) years of experience in carpentry.
- Valid Class 'C' Texas Driver's License.
- Concrete form setting for flat-work construction.
- ·Experience with finishing concrete.
Physical requirements include frequently lifting/carrying 50 pounds; visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to operate carpentry tools and equipment. Subject to walking, standing, sitting, stooping, lifting, kneeling, climbing, and crawling to perform essential functions. Working conditions are inside and outside with frequent exposure to temperature variations, dust, dirt, noise, and toxic fumes and vapors.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of carpentry terminology and materials used in the trade.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics.
- Skill in using carpentry tools and equipment.
- Ability to interpret blueprints, sketches, and specifications.
- Ability to perform all physical requirements of the position.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Skills: Basic Tool Knowledge
- Industry: Construction
- Career Level: Others
- Education Level: High School Diploma Or Equivalent