Admin Assistant Ii
Administrative Assistant II - $13.40 - Assisted Housing Program/ Human Resources
Under direction, is responsible for performing a wide variety of professional administrative duties in support of the activities and services of an assigned department; coordinates office services and provides information and assistance to the public regarding the assigned department or division. Work is performed under established policies and office procedures with some latitude.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs complex and confidential administrative functions including developing and typing taped dictation or written correspondence. Prepare presentations, composes and responds to internal and external correspondence, memos, purchase requisitions, payment requests and other department forms and documents.
- Edits work done by others to check for correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation; ensure that company policies and formats are adhered to; followed recommended revisions, and presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Arranges complex and detailed travel plans and itineraries, and compiles documents for travel and community related meetings for various departments.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently, adapts to changes in the work environment, manages multiple competing demands and is able to adapt to frequent change, delays or unexpected events. Attention to detail and ability to work with time sensitive documents.
- Orders and maintains adequate inventory of office equipment and supplies, and reconciles corporate credit card accounts.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully, making recommendations and maintains confidentially.
- Communicates effectively verbally and in writing and speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrates group communication skills.
- Screens calls, answering general inquiries.
- Performs and audits employee payrolls and maintains time and attendance information.
- Possesses advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office software to include Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access.
- Opens, reads, routes, and distributes incoming mail and other material to appropriate personnel, and prepare answers to routine letters.
- Organizes and prepares information for monthly Board and Committee Meetings, as well as community, resident and public meetings.
- Coordinates office activities such as new employee orientation, and new software training.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position requires the incumbent to exhibit the following behavioral skills:
Commitment: Sets high standards of performance; pursues aggressive goals and works hard/smart to achieve them; strives for results and success; conveys a sense of urgency and brings issues to closure; and persists despite obstacles and opposition.
Customer Service: Meets/exceeds the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; identifies, understands monitors and measures the needs of both internal and external customers; talks and acts with customers in mind; and recognizes working colleagues as customers.
Effective Communication: Ensures important information is passed to those who need to know; conveys necessary information clearly and effectively orally or in writing; demonstrates attention to, and conveys understanding of, the comments and questions of others; and listens effectively. Demonstrates the ability to develop audiovisual presentations to both internal and external audiences.
Responsiveness and Accountability: Demonstrates a high level of conscientiousness; holds oneself personally responsible for one's own work; and does fair share of work.
Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; supports everyone's efforts to succeed; attends, supports, and participates in all team building exercises and events.
Continuous Improvement and Innovation: Seeks the continuous improvement of technological business processes and services; explores out-of-the-box methods and is open to experimenting with new ideas; uses data, knowledge, and strategic decision-making to generate new and innovative solutions.
Education and Experience:
- Two (2) years of college coursework from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Business or Public Administration or related field; an additional two (2) years of secretarial and clerical work experience maybe considered in lieu of college coursework requirement.
- Two (2) years of increasingly responsible secretarial and clerical work experience required.
- Successful completion of a criminal history background check, education, and work history verification, and drug screening test.
License and Certifications:
- Typing test certification required. Minimum 40 net words per minute required.
- Must have the ability to earn certifications as required by assigned tasks.
- Texas Class “C” driver's license and be insurable by ’s liability and fleet insurance carrier.
To perform this job successfully, the employee should have:
- Knowledge of spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Knowledge of research methods.
- Knowledge of standard office practices, procedures, and equipment
- Ability to learn and departmental policies, procedures, and administrative systems.
- Ability to learn research and data collection methods and techniques.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with internal and external customers.
To perform this job successfully, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position. Daily movements include sitting; standing; operating computers and other office equipment; moving about the office; and attending onsite and offsite meetings. The employee must be able to communicate via email and verbally via telephone. The employee must occasionally transport up to 25 pounds.
- Job Type: Temp To Hire
- Skills: Communication
- Industry: Administrative Assistants
- Career Level: Others
- Education Level: N/a