Civil Engineer Intern
CIVIL ENGINEER TECH INTERN
$15.00 per hour
Under general supervision, is responsible for performing journey level technical engineering work securing technical data necessary in initiating engineering related projects
Essential Job Functions:
Conduct Field surveys to locate distresses on existing sidewalks. Preparing field notes using IPAD.
Take an inventory of existing infrastructure along street construction projects. Directs and advises survey field crews and draftsmen.
Assists in GIS, maps, and specifications for municipal public works projects. Prepares, updates, and reviews cost estimates for projects.
Investigates project site prior, during, and after construction. Researches existing technical data which may affect a project.
Acts as point of contact for citizens, consultants, and/or contractors and assists in resolving complaints. Inputs and analyzes data from a GIS database.
Maintains records and maps on projects assigned.
Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required. Specific Tasks
• Calculate dimensions, square footage, profile and component specifications, and material quantities using calculator or computer.
• Read and review project blueprints and structural specifications to determine dimensions of structure or system and material requirements.
• Draft detailed dimensional drawings and design layouts for projects and to ensure conformance to specifications.
• Confer with supervisor to determine project details such as plan preparation, acceptance testing, and evaluation of field conditions.
• Analyze proposed site factors and design maps, graphs, tracings, and diagrams to illustrate findings.
- Job Type: Internship
- Skills: Determined
- Industry: Skilled Labor
- Career Level: Student
- Education Level: Student