The fruit and vegetable production worker is responsible for the timely and efficient processing of fruits and vegetables, following food plant sanitation standards and operating procedures set forth by the company.
What is the most difficult/demanding part of this job?
Heavy lifting, up to 25 lbs. Repetitive nature of work in a refrigerated, sanitary environment.
The working conditions involved in this job are:
As required, may vary according to production schedules. General work hours Monday through Sunday will be:
5:00AM to 2:00PM (80 workers)
7:00AM to 7:00PM (60 workers)
1:00PM to 8:30PM (40 workers)
The qualifications, experience and/or training that are required for this job are:
No minimum experience is required. Experience in working in a food processing environment would be an asset. On the job training is provided to workers on how to clean, wash, sort, trim, peel, pack and operate equipment associated with fruit and vegetable production.
The ideal personality strengths/attributes/characteristics for this job are:
Positive attitude, team player, dependable, adaptable, good work ethic, and a high degree of coordination and manual dexterity.
- Maintains high standards of food plant sanitation in all production activities.
- Ensures good manufacturing practices are adhered to at all times.
- Reports to their supervisor prior to starting work of any illness, disease, or other source of contamination that may contaminate food contact surfaces, packaging or food products.
- Adheres to the company’s production standard operating procedures.
- Prepares fruits and vegetables using hand-held cutting knives for further processing.
- Changes machine cutting blades configuration when required.
- Operates various machinery and equipment, vegetable dryers, electronic scales, packaging equipment, electronic hoists and metal detector.
- Maintains a clean, well-organized work area that is set up & ready for production activities at all times.
- Makes boxes and places finished bags into boxes, which are then placed on pallets.
- Maintains safety awareness in the food plant and production areas.
- Follows and adheres to the company’s safety program at all times.
- Ensures all safety equipment is worn when specified by standard operating procedures.
- Reports all unsafe working conditions to the production supervisor immediately.
Pay Rate: $8.75-$9.00/hour (*depending on shift time)
- Job Type: Temp To Hire
- Skills: Customer Service, Effective Communication, Flexibility, Heavy Lifting, Time Management
- Industry: General Labor
- Career Level: Entry Level
- Education Level: N/a