Environmental Project Manager
Plans and conducts Environmental Site Assessments for projects.
· Collect soil, groundwater, surface water, and air samples when deemed necessary.
· Evaluates and recommends environmental work to be performed by City Staff or/and environmental consultants.
· Develops written summaries on findings and/or recommendations
· Researches information related to a project by hard copy and/or electronic records.
· Prepares and monitors schedule and budget for each project.
· Negotiates scope of services for projects.
· Prepares detailed written reports, presentations and presents projects to City Staff and other organizations.
· Provides guidance to consultants and vendors performing environmental related work.
· Coordinates with other Local, State, and Federal governmental agencies.
· Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.
3. Job/Driving Requirements
“Cannot be changed. It will default from Job Spec.”
4. Preferred Qualifications
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Environmental Sciences, Geology, Hydrogeology, Chemistry, Biology, or related field.
· Previous experience with risk assessments (Phase I Environmental Site Assessments [ESA]), Phase II ESA and Phase III ESA.
· Previous experience with asbestos cement pipe assessment, remediation, and management.
· Previous experience with environmental oversight and monitoring during construction.
· OSHA 1910.120 HAZWOPER certified
- Job Type: Temp To Hire
- Skills: Business Development, Business Management, Dependable, Detail Oriented, Determined, Positive Attitude
- Industry: Management
- Career Level: Manager
- Education Level: Bachelor Degree