Information Development Specialist
Pay Rate: $20.00
Length of Assignment: Contracted w/possible extension
Assists customers, both internal and external, with the New Service Process. Reviews all new service requests for completeness and order creation including all Commercial and Residential work types. Responsible for all frontline inquiries regarding the status of current jobs in the queue
- Monitors accelerated residential orders “site ready list” and coordinates activities with scheduling and UED crews to ensure all dates are met
- Query WMIS for accelerated temporary, permanent electric and gas residential orders that are created in the Web Portal by builders needing new underground service and meter and process accordingly entering appropriate information and creating map shot for the file.
- Receives orders back from scheduling to enter billing information (CIAC), verifies footage of trench installed, size of wire installed and soil conditions from paperwork received from the as-built scheduler. Enters charges in the CIAC window of WMIS and once again verify that all tasks are complete to close the order.
- Receives and responds to numerous calls with questions from builders as to the status of their electric, gas, temporaries and turndowns for underground jobs.
- Answers questions on to how to start new service for various construction projects, how to get an address, how long the process takes, inspection requirements, cost estimates and availability of service from numerous individual residential and commercial customers, engineers and developers.
- Creates business partner accounts in SAP after verifying identification through SAP, Accurint or state data bases to create commercial gas, electric and temporary work orders as well as overhead residential work orders through Web Portal for new construction. Creates map shots through GIS and forwards job package to correct designer.
- Responds to inquiries from customers who need to know the process for obtaining new commercial gas and electric service.
- Coordinates platting with Right of Way and Subdivision Planning for letter of certification and inputs dates and approvals in COSA platting database.
- Contacts builder or electrician to relay specific details of construction related deficiencies for accelerated residential orders
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in Customer Service
- High level of accuracy of work and attention to detail
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office Package, including word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation software, internet, electronic mail and scheduling
- Knowledge of Work Manager
- Experience working in SAP, WMIS and GIS
Competencies: Building and Supporting Teams, Delivering High Quality Work , Driving for Results, Serving Customers, Working Safely, Evaluating and Implementing Ideas
Working Environment: Indoor work, operating computer, manual dexterity, talking, hearing, repetitive motion. Use of personal computer equipment, telephone, multi-functioning printer. Ability to travel to and from meetings, training sessions or other business related events.
Physical Demands: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Job Type: Temp
- Skills: Communication
- Industry: Work Experience
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Education Level: High School Diploma Or Equivalent