Oracle Administrator Iii
The Oracle Administer Database position is responsible for backup, recovery, server architecture, performance tuning, security, auditing, metadata management, optimization, statistics, capacity planning, connectivity and other data solutions of mission critical database systems. Develops databases with SQL, stored procedures, triggers, transaction modeling, dimensional modeling, normalization, indexing methods, constraints and object usage.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Builds and maintains the ongoing operational functionality and efficiency databases ensuring system performance, availability, reliability, security, recover ability and efficient usage of server infrastructure resources.
- Performs the capacity planning required to create and maintain corporate databases and processing demands.
- Provides all facets of database administration to production, development and quality assurance systems.
- Ensures database system security, change management, backup and recovery are maintained in compliance with corporate, state and federal regulations.
- Provides database solutions to solve complex business issues including data processing, loading, performance improvements, data storage and data replication.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots and resolves database related issues including storage, performance, availability, data integrity and database security.
- Performs and automates database management, maintenance and data processing activities.
- Applies understanding of modern networks and operating systems as they pertain to database system architecture and functionality.
- Develop scripts to perform system maintenance, monitor systems, automate tasks, etc.
- Performs as technology subject matter expert for relational database management systems such as Oracle 12.1 and 12.2.
- Modifies existing databases and database management systems or directs programmers and analysts to make changes with appropriate database objects such as indexes, tables, partitions, triggers, constraints, stored procedures, large objects, views, etc.
- Works as part of a project team to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations.
- Writes and codes logical and physical database descriptions and specifies identifiers of database to management system or directs others in coding descriptions.
- Trains users, documents systems and answers questions.
- Specifies users and user access levels for each segment of database.
- Reviews project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project.
- Develops standards and guidelines to guide the use and acquisition of software and to protect vulnerable information.
- Administers all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views and sequences, packages and procedures.
- Assists with impact analysis of any changes made to database objects.
- Evaluates releases of Oracle and its tools, and third-party products to ensure that the organization is running the products that are most appropriate.
- Troubleshoots issues associated with databases, applications and development tools and provides technical support to application development teams.
- On-call rotation is required to support 24/7 environment and is also expected to be able to work outside business hours to support corporate needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Engineering, Computer Science or related field from an accredited university.
- Strong knowledge of Oracle database administration in Linux and virtual environments.
- Possess knowledge of performing detailed performance analysis and resource utilization of systems.
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for Oracle.
- Experience working with Linux operating system.
- Experience and knowledge in migrating code and database changes through the various stages of the development life cycle.• Moderate troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
- Working knowledge of project management concepts, tools and techniques.
- Strong ability to organize information, manage tasks and use available tools to effectively contribute to a team and the organization.
- Valid Class C Texas Driver’s License
- Makes independent recommendations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Package, including word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation software, electronic mail and scheduling.
- Master’s degree in Information Systems or related field from an accredited university.
- OCP certification.
- Utility Industry experience.
Indoor work, operating computer, manual dexterity, talking, hearing, repetitive motion. Use of personal computing equipment, telephone, multi-functioning printer and calculator. Ability to travel to and from meetings, training sessions or other business related events. After hours work may be required. Overnight travel may be required.
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Skills: Detail Oriented
- Industry: It
- Career Level: Experienced
- Education Level: Bachelor Degree