Performs supervisory, technical, and skilled work of considerable difficulty involving the installation, operation, replacement, repair, and maintenance of heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems. On call 24 hrs for emergency calls.
Examples of Duties
The position duties and responsibilities listed below describe the general nature and scope of work. Other responsibilities, duties, and skills may be required and assigned, as needed. These essential functions require presence in the workplace on a regular basis and regular attendance must be maintained.
· Schedules and assists assigned staff with the installation of new and/or replacement heating/air conditioning systems such as wall furnaces, heat pumps, central units, and split ac systems within given diagrams, schematics, instructions, prevailing codes and safety practices.
· Directs subordinate mechanics in complex installations, repairs, and maintenance of refrigerators, ranges and heating and air conditioning units and systems.
· Does complex troubleshooting of refrigeration and heating systems.
· Requisitions supplies, equipment and other related materials necessary to perform scheduled work, HVAC boilers and refrigeration
· Utilizes the tools and instrumentation of the HVAC trade to perform analysis of system(s) operation and to adjust and calibrate temperature control devices to achieve energy efficient operation.
· Checks for and repairs leaks in lines and s systems.
· Coordinates with contractors on the replacement of building equipment such as rooftops, chill water system and boilers.
· Performs inspections and assists staff in the technical aspects involving preventative maintenance and repair of existing heating and air conditioning equipment, in order to minimize major system damage/failure and downtime, and assure safe operations.
· Schedules state inspections for boilers.
· Coordinates building and orientation, safety training to assign staff, and may maintain time and attendance records.
· Interprets blueprints, diagrams and schematics to troubleshoot diagnosis and identify operating problems of heating and air conditioning equipment.
· Provides job training and orientation, and safety training to assigned staff, and may maintain time and attendance records.
· Provides staff with the technical assistance necessary to remove, repair and/or replace heating and air conditioning equipment by welding, brazing, and/or connecting electrical, gas, and refrigerant lines.
· Investigates employee accidents and makes appropriate reports in accordance with established procedures.
· Performs Other duties as assigned.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Skills: Basic Tool Knowledge
- Industry: Hvac
- Career Level: Experienced
- Education Level: High School Diploma Or Equivalent