Core responsibilities focus on operational/tactical aspects of the organization and limited, if any, strategic focus. Prepares, analyzes and distributes various financial and statistical reports, to include variance explanations utilizing cost tracing and root-cause analysis. Prepares schedules and supporting documents for annual external audit. Updates department dashboards, including calculating ratios and graphing trends. Works within financial objectives/budget set by management. Monitors benchmarks and analyzes variances to those benchmarks. Performs reconciliations to ensure accuracy of data. Interprets and applies organizational policy and recommends changes in procedures. Performs technical research and writes position papers to ensure documentation of implemented policies and procedures. Develops, maintains and presents process guidelines. Collaborates with management in managing financial efficiency. Utilizes the SAP system for research, analysis and report writing. Develops alternative solutions for decision-making which support organizational goals/objectives and budget constraints. Create automated financial and project management reports and validate the output. Communicates, both in writing and verbally, to all levels and external parties on theory and concepts that impact the organization. Supports process improvement initiatives in the areas of cost and margin enhancement, risk mitigation, and operational effectiveness. Plans and assigns lower level analysts to given projects or tasks. Provides input and/or assists with the review and evaluation of lower level personnel. Performs analyses supporting the monthly financial forecast, and assists with the development and tracking of gap closing measures as needed to meet organizational financial and operational targets. Develops and conducts training classes when necessary. Performs role of subject matter expert and thought partner to members of the operations or shared services team on issues related to O&M and capital expenditure planning, labor and headcount management and reporting, project prioritization, business case creation, and the money mechanics. Provides a high degree of service internal customers by responding to financial and operating questions. Performs other project and process improvement initiatives as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration with concentration in Finance, Accounting, Auditing or related field from an accredited university.
- Extensive experience as an accountant/analyst or in a related field.
- Knowledge of accounting/analyst experience in a field supporting and providing financial and operational solutions.
- Relative experiences in financial/project management for Operational Units.
- Solid understanding of financial principles, financial statements and associated processes and tools. Initiative to work independently or as a member of a team, coordinating with others to achieve desired results.
- Experience working with moderately complex data.
- High level of accuracy of work and attention to detail, to include the ability to perform precise mathematical calculations.
- Exceptionally strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge of a particular field of specialization to complete complex assignments.
- Ability to multi-task various critical work assignments in a fast-paced environment in a professional manner.
- Ability to effectively manage sensitive and confidential information.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills for interaction with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to meet goals and objectives with minimal direct supervision.
- Effective interpersonal and customer service skills. Ability to make recommendations and independent decisions.
- Ability to work in a variety of locations such as the field, construction centers and the main office.
- Ability to identify alternative solutions for development of decision-making proposals, which support organizational goals/objectives and budget constraints.
- This is highest level subject matter/technical expert and may include limited supervisory responsibilities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Package, including word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation software, electronic mail and scheduling.
- Master's degree or relevant Certification.
- Extensive experience with financial and operational analytical support .
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Microsoft Excel. Proficient in SAP, PeopleSoft, or Hyperion.
- Related experience in supporting the electric or gas utility industry.
- Job Type: Temp To Hire
- Skills: Strong Work Ethic
- Industry: Finance
- Career Level: Experienced
- Education Level: Bachelor Degree