Social Service Case Management Specialist
The Case Management Specialist (HCV/FSS) is a non-supervisory position that performs administrative and case management of considerable difficulty related to the assessment and delivery of supportive self sufficiency services to meet the needs of Public Housing residents/Section 8 participants.
An essential function is a duty or responsibility that is a critical or unique component of the job and is required to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Identifies, recruits, and selects Public Housing/Section 8 participants to participate in the Family Self Sufficiency (FSS)Program
• Coordinates marketing materials, presentations, and intake processes for the FSS
• Completes contracts of participation and individual training and service plans for FSS participants
• Provides professional case management practices, including appropriate communication and contact with participants, information and referral, tracking and record keeping, goal setting, positive reinforcement, follow-up, and evaluation.
• Conducts routine home evaluations, office interviews, and or telephone contacts with FSS participants
• Ensures that escrow accounts are maintained
• Collects and compiles information in order to generate various statistical and narrative reports.
• Maintains ongoing monitoring and evaluation of FSS and program participation including tracking, monitoring and records management.
• Establishes linkages and effective partnerships with community based
organizations, businesses, government agencies, and philanthropic organizations
in order to support resource development and effective programming.
• Provides information and training to Resident Council (RC) members regarding structuring, by-laws, Robert rules of order, handling of board meetings, etc. Trains RC officers on their duties and responsibilities. Provides technical support on financial matters to the RCs. Responsible for involving, encouraging and training residents to participate in and ultimately assume responsibility for RC activities;
maintain a working knowledge of Housing Authority policy and procedures to assure residents have a clear understanding of changes that may affect their residency.
• Performs clerical and data entry duties required to support the activities of the position. Maintain accurate information for input in software used to track participant progress and status as well as documentation in tenant files.
• May drive a passenger van to transport residents and /or helps obtain transportation for residents when necessary, such as VIA, Handi-Lift and the like.
• Coordinate routine maintenance schedule to assure SAHA safety regulations are met.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the San Antonio Housing Authority will make reasonable accommodation to the known disability of a qualified applicant or employee to enable people with disabilities to enjoy equal employment opportunities, if it would not impose an "undue hardship" on the operation of the employer's business.
• Bachelor Degree in Social Services or related field from an accredited college or university; an additional (8) years of experience working in social services, public housing, or non-profit housing may be considered in lieu of the education requirement.
• Two (2) years of experience working in social services, public housing, or non-profit housing.
• Texas Class "C" driver's license at the time of placement and be insurable by the Housing Authority's liability and fleet insurance carrier.
• Two (2) years of public housing experience.
• Five (5) years of case management experience.
• Ability to speak, write and read in Spanish
• Family Self-Sufficiency Certification or National Certification offered by NAHRO or Nan McKay preferred.
- Job Type: Temp To Hire
- Skills: Communication
- Industry: Social Services
- Career Level: Intermediate
- Education Level: Bachelor Degree