Facility Maintenance Worker
Under immediate supervision, is responsible for performing manual labor
with a wide variety of construction and maintenance work. Depending on
area of assignment, may be responsible for providing laundry and
repair/mending service to maintain table skirts and covers. Exercises no
Essential Job Functions
- Performs maintenance duties which may include sweeping or cleaning
streets, maintaining shrubs and flowers, clearing weeds and brush,
mowing and trimming public areas, tree maintenance to include
trimming/pruning, and performing custodial duties in
- Cleans, repairs, and replaces equipment at parks and facilities.
- Prepares facilities for various events.
- Participates in the construction, maintenance, and repair of streets,
buildings, and facilities.
- Inspects equipment and reports any equipment in need of maintenance or
- Operates tractor mower, dump truck, and other small equipment.
- Loads trucks with sand, gravel, or waste material using a hand shovel.
- Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.
- Formal or informal education or training that ensures the ability to
read and write at a level necessary for successful job performance.
- One (1) year of experience in labor or maintenance.
- Valid Class "C" Texas Driver's License
- Must have High School diploma or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of manual labor tasks.
- Knowledge of hazards and safety measures as they apply to the type of
work being performed.
- Knowledge of methods, equipment, and materials as they relate to the
type of work being performed.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal instructions.
- Ability to learn basic laundering techniques, depending on area of
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to perform all physical requirements of the job.
Physical requirements include occasional lifting/carrying of up to 50
pounds; visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand and eye coordination and
manual dexterity necessary to operate maintenance equipment. Subject to
sitting, standing, climbing, stooping, reaching, walking, twisting and
kneeling to perform the essential functions. Working conditions are
inside and outside with routine repeated exposure to temperature
variations, damp/wet surfaces, hazardous materials, and dirty
- Job Type: Temp To Hire
- Skills: Dependable
- Industry: Maintenance
- Career Level: Experienced
- Education Level: High School Diploma Or Equivalent