Sap Bw Developer
SAP Warehouse Developers should have solid background in SAP BW on HANA Support, ABAP and Development activities. Hands on experience with BW components such as Info Cubes, Multi-Providers, DSOs, transformations, data sources, DTPs, hierarchy update, master data loads, extractions, process chains, debugging loads, attribute change run and BEX reports development. Designs, develops, configures, tests and maintains BW software programs based on customer requirements, using development standards and software development lifecycle process. Daily tasks may include requirements analysis, design, planning, programming, testing, documentation, error/exception handling, performance improvements and business process implementation. Tasks may also include analysis, research and recommendations for process implementations, performance and technology improvements. Demonstrates technical expertise through maintaining primary technical programming skills for assigned job, developing new skills as required, developing guidelines and standards, and demonstrating best practices and leadership.
- Documents all developments and changes and provides best practices for development across the enterprise.
- Define/evolve transformation and data load standards.
- Process chains monitoring with performance improvements and experience in solving regular monitoring issues.
- Experience in identifying regular issue and fixing them with permanent solutions.
- Work on incidents and service requests based on production issues.
- Work as part of a development team to meet development and implementation deadlines.
- Communicates effectively with individuals and teams in the organization to ensure high quality and timely completion of projects.
- Performs the production release process including planning, development, testing and communication/ coordination with other teams.
- Identifies and implements new reporting solutions to provide accurate and detailed project analyses.
- Assists with full project cycle, from gathering requirements through implementation to enhancing existing solutions.
- Designs, develops, tests and maintains software solutions to meet customer requirements. Tasks required to complete this often include requirements analysis, documentation, error/exception handling, business process implementation, performance analysis/improvements and technology research.
- Provides software development work estimates and work scheduling, in coordination with project management.
- Plans work schedule, including assessing work prioritization.
- Maintain technical skills through hands-on experience, independent research, training and/or conferences.
- Performance and maintainability. This includes overseeing junior developer’s work, providing alternate solution recommendations and communicating to management.
- Solid communication skills in English language – including both verbal and written
- Demonstrates experience for knowledge transfer and training, including creating documentation (technical, operational specs and help manuals)
- Trains users, documents systems and answers questions.
- On-call rotation is required to support 24/7 environment and is also expected to be able to work outside business hours to support corporate needs.• Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Engineering, Computer Science or related field from an accredited university.
- Advantageous to have programming language or data warehousing background.
- Must have solid data modeling skills and comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of the SAP BI Data Warehousing Workbench, including creating and modifying Info Providers and transfer/update rules.
- Experience with SAP development methodology (preferred)
- ABAP proficiency with solid knowledge of SAP development concepts, including customer exits, function modules and extractors (preferred).
- Must be able to perform support activities like monitoring process chains and completing break/fix and maintenance request independently.
- Experience in implementing and customizing Standard Business Content (SBC) objects, as well as creating new custom solutions (preferred).
- Experience with one or more of the following SAP modules: FI-CO, MM, HR, SD, WM, PM, PS, CRM and CCS (preferred).
- Possess leadership experience to assure appropriate changes, upgrades, and enhancements are made based on technical analysis.
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory.
- Experience and knowledge in migrating code and changes through the various stages of the development life cycle.
- Excellent troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
- Working knowledge of project management concepts, tools and techniques.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities related to multiple projects at once and work collaboratively across organizational lines
- Good written and verbal communication skills. The ability to express oneself effectively within a group and in one-to-one conversations. The ability to convey information clearly and effectively through both formal and informal documents.
- Strong ability to organize information, manage tasks and use available tools to effectively contribute to a team and the organization.
- Valid Class C Texas Driver’s License
- Makes frequent independent recommendations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Package, including word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation software, electronic mail and scheduling.
- Master’s degree in Information Systems or related field from an accredited university.
- SAP BW certification optional
- Utility Industry experience.
- Action Oriented Communicates Effectively Customer Focus
- Nimble Learning Tech Skills (Using Computers and Technology)
- Indoor work, operating computer, manual dexterity, talking, hearing, repetitive motion. Use of personal computing equipment, telephone, multi-functioning printer and calculator. Ability to travel to and from meetings, training sessions or other business related events. After hours work may be required. Overnight travel may be required.
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
THIS POSITION IS A CONTRACTED POSITION, ONCE HIRED ON BENEFITS WILL BE OFFERED.BENEFITS.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Skills: Detail Oriented
- Industry: It
- Career Level: Experienced
- Education Level: Bachelor Degree