Sr Project Manager
We are a local staffing agency in search for an exemplary Sr Project Manager for one if our clients, you will find a brief description of the position below.
Senior Project Manager leads and manages multiple complex, highly visible projects across the enterprise. Provides leadership and has accountability for execution of several concurrent projects within the portfolio. Also responsible for establishing and improving the business processes, methods, tools, and metrics necessary to drive consistent project delivery excellence.
Below are the required functions this position holds.
Required Function 1:
· Collaborates with business partners to build relationships necessary to drive excellence and value delivery in execution.
· Experience in mastering cross-functional collaboration and defining tangible business outcomes.
· This role reports to the Director of Program Management as part of the Office of the CIO. Leadership '
· Possesses strong Executive presence along with the ability to manage and meet expectations of Senior and Executive leadership.
· Must have significant experience successfully managing projects, people, and / or departments.
· Progressively becomes trusted advisor and mentor within the PMO and other areas.
· Accountable for the leadership, planning, and execution of large and complex projects and programs with success identified as on time, on budget and defined value delivered.
· Accountable for the financial management of assigned projects, including but not limited to forecasting, accrual, reporting, and variance analysis.
· Accountable for timely and effective written and verbal communication within the project team and across stakeholder groups.
· Accountable for supporting the results of a portfolio sequencing process to ensure resources are effectively deployed.
· Accountable for managing and reporting on the projects in all stages across the portfolio.
· Accountable for mentoring other project managers in the organization (Performance Management, Methodology, and Continuous Improvement)
· Provides overall Project governance and oversight to ensure compliance to standards and to drive excellent execution.
· Develops Key Performance Indicators (KPI)/metrics, standard Service Level Agreements (SLAs), Project Management Service Catalog and reporting mechanisms.
· Actively seek ways to apply advanced techniques and technology to processes providing information on technical trends, reporting and automation.
· Demonstrated ability to learn, follow, and propose improvements to the PM Methodology.
· Demonstrated ability to learn, communicate, follow, and direct others through the Portfolio Stage and Gate process. This includes the ability to produce qualified business cases and project plans from start to finish.
· Provides consulting support and advises leadership on overall planning, prioritization, execution and delivery of projects within the portfolio by understanding business priorities and advising on options, risks, costs versus benefits, and impact on other business processes and organizational priorities.
· Facilitates the annual and multi-year planning process - provides project information and consulting to other senior leadership team members to assist with their resource deployment and utilization, business impact, and overall planning knowledge.
· Supports each senior leader to ensure high standards of delivery for their committed projects in the portfolio of work. Supports but also holds each senior leader accountable for their commitments in the delivery of the committed portfolio and its projects.
Required Function 2:
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution; or similar level of analytical capability gained through demonstrated success in a related position.
· Experience managing highly complex projects and programs across multiple industries. Significant successful leadership experience, including leading projects, programs, people, and possibly departments.
· A demonstrated ability to work effectively with business executives, leaders, with all levels of professionals, and with project managers and teams.
· Proven exceptional ability to prepare executive-level material and present at the executive level.
· Extensive experience partnering with Executives to define and deliver value to the organization. Extensive experience driving workshops, focus groups, and work sessions.
· Exceptional skills at producing qualified business cases. Strong Financial acumen and experience in developing financial models.
· Demonstrated strong business acumen. Strong collaboration and communication skills. Organizational leadership and change skills.
· Ability to clarify ambiguous information or instructions into actionable steps. Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
· Advanced degree in an appropriate discipline.
· Professional Certification, such as PMI, BRMI. Portfolio Management Experience. Demonstrated organizational design, data analysis, business planning, negotiation, problem-solving, critical thinking skills.
· Strategic vendor management.
· Experience in Utility industry.
· Consulting experience or multidisciplinary experience
- Job Type: Full-time
- Skills: Business Development, Business Management
- Industry: Management
- Career Level: Manager
- Education Level: Bachelor Degree