Labor On Demand is seeking a Procurement Analyst for one of our clients.
Procurement Analysts play a key role in the supply chain management process. Their primary responsibility is to serve as the liaison between their employer and vendors. Any company who sells products relies on supply chain management, so Procurement Analysts are employed in virtually every industry. Their duties involve sourcing and vetting vendors, negotiating contracts and presenting deals to decision makers.
- Monday - Friday
- 8 AM to 5 PM
• Follow Procurement Policy, Procedures and Guidelines and basic Texas Laws, Codes and Regulations to prepare various types of solicitations (Requests for Quotation, Requests for Proposal, and Requests for Qualifications, Invitation for Bids), including contract documents, specifications, and associated exhibits. Works proactively with Internal Customers in the acquisition planning phase of the procurement to establish needs and requirements.
• Assist internal customers with contract management and vendor performance, which includes documenting, coordinating, and resolution.
• Responsible for collaborating with Internal Customers to identify scopes of work, specifications, commercial & regulatory considerations.
• Responsible for collaborating with Internal Customers to create RF(x) ' Request for Proposal, Request for Quotation, Invitation for Bid, and Request for Qualifications to meet Business Unit needs.
• Reviews Purchase Requisition for applicable forms and documents (i.e. NERC, SOC, DOT, EIT, Subcontracting, Public Works, etc.).
• Reviews Purchase Requisitions in order to verify accuracy, terminology and specifications. Initially reviews Exempt Forms to determine if the explanation justifies deviation from the competitive bidding process. Actively working with Internal Customers and Suppliers in an effort to drive cost savings and cost avoidance.
• Responsible for leading meetings and site visits with Suppliers and Business Unit. Works with Internal Customers and Suppliers to encourage local, diverse and small business participation in Sourcing Events.
• Responsible for reviewing contract drafts by stakeholders (i.e. Legal - based on associated risk, Internal Client, Risk Management & Insurance Services, Audit Services, Environmental Services, Safety, etc.) to mitigate risk.
• Reviews, modifies and negotiates CLIENTS and Supplier terms and conditions to mitigate risk.
• Actively participates in the decision to award contracts.
• Prepares purchase orders and sends copies to suppliers and to departments originating requests.
• Actively aware of safety in day to day activities. Responds to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes or cancellations.
• Determines if inventory quantities are sufficient for needs, ordering more materials when necessary.
• Contacts suppliers in order to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries and other problems.
• Prepares, maintains and reviews purchasing files, reports and price lists.
• Compares prices, specifications and delivery dates in order to determine the best bid among potential suppliers.
• Tracks the status of requisitions, contracts and orders. Assists with training of Procurement Analyst as needed
• Assists Procurement Manager with reviewing Procurement Analyst documents as needed.
• Assignments include complex procurement associated with projects within the organization. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree or relevant experience can be substituted in lieu of degree.
• Advanced level of experience preparing and implementing an RF(x) ' Request for Proposal, Request for Quotation, Invitation for Bid, and Request for Qualifications
• Advanced level of experience leading negotiations for complex service contracts
• Advanced level of experience with performing market analysis, cost modeling, and managing price structures.
• Advanced level of experience using an enterprise resource planning (ERP) System such as SAP, Oracle, etc.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Package, including word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation software, internet, electronic mail and scheduling.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Windows environment.
• Previous Category Sourcing/Procurement experience.
• Extensive experience in procurement of goods and services, strategic sourcing and cost savings, contract management, supplier relationship management, supplier diversity planning and outreach, compliance management, inventory management, and management of the procure to pay cycle.
• Advanced understanding of SAP modules and reporting.
• Procurement certifications, i.e., CSCP, ISM, etc.
- Job Type: Temp To Hire
- Skills: Detail Oriented
- Industry: Management
- Career Level: Experienced
- Education Level: Bachelor Degree