We are a local staffing agency in search for an exemplary Accountant for one if our clients, you will find a brief description of the position below.
Accountant is responsible for performing routine and moderately complex accounting and analytical work requiring professional knowledge of theory and practice of recording, classifying, examining,
and analyzing accounting records and financial transactions. Working conditions are primarily inside an office environment.
Essential Job Functions
· Prepares forecast data, journal entries, adjustments, and schedule.
· Maintains and reconciles monthly reports, invoices, statements, and
other records of financial transactions.Prepares working papers, schedules, exhibits, and summaries.
· Examines and maintains a variety of accounting documents and verifies
accuracy of computations.
· Determines that all transactions are properly supported, are in
accordance with pertinent regulations, and are classified and recorded
according to acceptable accounting standards.
· Prepares documents for processing.
· Reviews monthly, quarterly, and annual expenditure reports.
· Provides assistance to auditors as needed.
· Participates in the completion of special studies and projects.
· Assists in the preparation and administration of the department or
· Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.
· Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
· One (1) year of accounting experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Knowledge of theories, principles, and practices of accounting.
· Knowledge of governmental accounting procedures and policies.
· Knowledge of accounting related computer programs and software.
· Knowledge of budget preparation and administration.
· Knowledge of pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes, and
· Skill in utilizing a personal computer and associated software
· Skill in operating a calculator and/or a ten key adding machine.
· Ability to operate a computer keyboard and other basic office
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
· Ability to apply accounting principles and practices to municipal
· Ability to interpret and analyze complex financial documents and
· Ability to prepare a variety of financial statements, reports, and
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with
co-workers, management, and the general public.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Skills: Communication
- Industry: Accounting
- Career Level: Experienced
- Education Level: Bachelor Degree